Membership in The American Legion Auxiliary shall be limited to the:
- grandmothers, mothers, sisters, spouses, and direct and adopted female descendants of members of The American Legion; and
- grandmothers, mothers, sisters, spouses, and direct and adopted female descendants of all men and women who served in either of the following periods: April 6, 1917, to November 11, 1918 and any time after December 7, 1941 who, being a citizen of the United States at the time of their entry therein served on active duty in the Armed Forces of any of the governments associated with the United States during either eligibility periods and died in the line of duty or after honorable discharge;
- to those women who of their own right are eligible for membership in The American Legion.*
* A woman who is eligible for American Legion membership is eligible to join the American Legion Auxiliary regardless of whether or not she is a member of The American Legion. However, eligibility of her female relatives (sister, mother, direct descendants) and/or spouse depends upon her membership in The American Legion.
- Print off and complete the American Legion Auxiliary Membership Application
- Obtain proof of your eligibility. Note: If the person who provides proof of your eligibility is a member of The American Legion, eligibility documentation is likely not necessary; however you do need to provide his or her American Legion Member ID number and Post information on your application. If the person who provides your eligibilty is deceased, acceptable eligibility documents include:
- DD-214 Discharge Papers (not issued until after the Korean War) - can be requested online by visiting www.archives.gov
- Official Military Orders
- Official Military Service Citations/Awards
- Letters related to the veteran's military service - must be on official government letterhead
- Certificate from the VA records in St. Louis
- Data from the back of older discharges
- Please submit your application and eligibility documentation plus your $36 for Senior (Adult) membership or $6.75 for Junior (18 and under) dues to ALA Unit 164, 525 S. Mason Rd. #209, Katy. TX 77450 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can pay online using the buttons below.
If you wish to renew your membership, please send your $36 for Senior (Adult) membership or $6.75 for Junior (18 and under) dues to ALA Unit 164, 525 S. Mason Rd. #209, Katy. TX 77450 or you can pay online using the buttons below.
If you wish to transfer your membership to Unit 164, please contact us at email@example.com.